Where to begin
I do try to keep the process as simple as possible and here's a list of things to think about.
- Yay! You've decided you want professional photos of your pet and even your family.
- Location is important. Think about where your pet is most comfortable. If they are world travelers and totally laid back, where ever we go, the photos will be amazing. If they are really shy, think about staying closer to home where they are most comfortable.
- Budget will set the stage. Think about how much you want to spend. Remember, at the end of the day, you will have portraits of your pets forever. I don't have a minimum purchase requirement because I believe everyone should have at least one portrait of their pet.
- Artwork is the ultimate goal. How much wall space do you have? Where do you want to display your artwork? I can certainly provide you with the digital images, but I'm not a fan. So often the images remain on a disk until the someday comes that you get them printed.
- I have a list of Frequently Asked Questions that might be able to answer your questions.
After you think about the goals of the session, shoot me an email, send me a text or call me and we can set up an appointment for your pets session.
- Who is going to be in the photo? Just your pet or pets?
- What about a family photo with your pets? Family photos with pets are just about one of my favorite things.
Preparing for the session.
- You want your pet to look their very best, a good brushing is always a good start
- I like to photograph pets naked (that is without their collar), but if you have a fancy collar just make sure it is clean.
- If we're on location and your pet has to be on leash, don't worry about that. We can hold that leash in a way that makes it easy for me to remove. A clean and untattered collar is important for these photos
- A thought about prong and shock collars. They really don't look good in photos, so I really hope that we can have those removed during our session.
After the session
- I will do my best to post a few photos from your session on social media. Might be Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. Be sure to follow me.
- It will take 2–3 weeks for me to get through your session and edit down to about 35–40 images.
- Depending on what you are hoping for at the end of the session, I will either post an online gallery for you to view or you will come back to the little rustic studio for a viewing session.
- Delivery of your product. Depending on what you order, this could take anywhere from 3–6 weeks. If you need something for a gift, let me know and I can sometimes get a print back to you within a week.
Still have questions? Ready to book a session?
Call or text me: 503-999-3047
Email me: email@example.com